What To Expect
Upon your arrival at Yu Smiles Orthodontics, please notify our receptionist. We can’t wait to welcome you to our office! The initial consultation is FREE. We will take complimentary photos, a 3-d digital scan, and if indicated, a panoramic x-ray of your teeth to properly diagnose your individual case. Dr. Robert Yu will then conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination and explain all aspects of your personalized treatment. The initial consultation typically takes less than an hour.
At the Initial Examination, We Will Provide Personalized Answers to:
- What sort of problem is present, if any? Approximately 70% of the American population can benefit from orthodontics. Some cases are more severe than others.
- When is the proper time to begin treatment? After Dr. Yu evaluates your growth and development, we will determine the optimal time to start treatment.
- What is the best type of treatment available? Orthodontic technology has rapidly progressed in recent times. With many treatments available, we will advise and design the best treatment for your particular case.
- How long will the treatment take? By using advanced technologies, our average treatment times are significantly faster than average. However, more complex cases will require more treatment time.
- How much will the treatment cost? Dependent treatment complexity and insurance type, treatment costs may vary. However, regardless of the scenario, we will make your treatment a great value with maximum insurance benefits and an affordable payment plan.
Same Day Braces
If time allows, we can begin your treatment immediately or schedule at the earliest available date.
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. Our treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options during your initial exam if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
Assignment of Insurance Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
Treatment appointments are typically 20 minutes long spaced out once every 6-8 weeks. It is our goal to ensure you never have to wait longer than 5 minutes to be seen. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to see all patients in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment. We thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to see us. If you are running late or need to reschedule, please call us and we can accommodate you. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment. We look forward to working with you!