Invisible Braces for Adults and Teens in Gaithersburg MD
Since Invisalign is nearly invisible, you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing. Invisalign is The Premier clear aligner orthodontic appliance. There are many imitators, but none come close to Invisalign in terms of comfort, efficiency, and effectiveness in tooth movement. This is why Dr. Robert Yu uses Invisalign for his patients. He is a certified Invisalign provider and has worked with some of the Top Invisalign doctors in the world. Dr. Yu has treated thousands of Invisalign cases, with patients as young as 7 years old all the way up to 80! At Yu Orthodontics, we have successfully used Invisalign to treat cases of all ranges, from the mildest crooked tooth to ones that require tooth extractions, surgeries, and complicated mechanics.
Invisalign – A “braceless” alternative to traditional metal braces!
Have you ever wished for a straighter, healthier smile, but not looked forward to all the metal wires and bands that often go along with braces? At Yu Orthodontics we can make your dream of having a new smile come to life. Dr. Yu is a certified Invisalign orthodontist, giving patients a “clearly” effective and incredibly comfortable way to wear braces! To learn more about Invisalign and if you are a candidate or your child is a candidate for Invisalign Teen, contact our office today to schedule your complimentary Invisalign evaluation.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses a series of customized, clear aligners to straighten teeth faster and with fewer office visits than traditional braces. Thousands of orthodontists in the United States and Canada use Invisalign braces to accurately and effectively treat their patients. Invisalign aligners are:
- Completely invisible – Invisalign aligners cannot be seen while you are wearing them! Friends, family members and co-workers may never even know you are wearing braces, unless of course you tell them!
- Comfortable to wear – The aligners are made from a special plastic that has smooth, rounded edges so they won’t irritate your mouth and tissues like traditional braces often can.
- Customized just for you – Your Invisalign aligners are customized to fit your mouth. Dr. Yu uses advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to replicate an exact impression of your mouth and teeth, then he customizes each aligner so that it fits your mouth, and over time moves your teeth into the proper position.
- Removable –Unlike traditional metal braces, you can remove your aligners to eat, drink, brush your teeth, floss and for special occasions. There’s no need to change your lifestyle with Invisalign!
- Effective – You will begin to notice a significant difference even before your treatment is complete! Most treatments are completed within one year; however this can vary from patient to patient.
Why Consider Invisalign
People everywhere are beginning to experience the benefits of Invisalign treatment. Here’s why people just like you are choosing Invisalign over traditional braces:
- With Invisalign you can have a straighter, healthier smile without all the noticeable wires and brackets of traditional braces.
- Invisalign aligners are removable making it easy for you to enjoy the foods you love without worrying about breaking or bending your brackets and wires. You can also remove your Invisalign aligners to brush and floss regularly.
- You don’t need to change anything about your current lifestyle! With Invisalign you can continue participating in day-to-day activities without changing a thing. Invisalign is great for professionals, athletes, brides, and parents.
- Office visits and checkups are easy, quick, and painless. Fewer appointments are required throughout your entire treatment.
How Does Invisalign Work?
When you begin your Invisalign treatment you will receive several sets of custom fit aligners. Each set of aligners is worn for only 1-2 weeks before you switch to the next one. Each successive aligner will gradually move your teeth towards the final result. The changes are planned to be so gentle that you will barely feel them at all. Over time you will notice changes in the alignment of your teeth and in just a few months you will have a straighter, healthier smile!