Please fill out our Covid Questionnaire Form one day before your appointment!
Update: June 9th 2020
Welcome back to our office!!!
Updated: March 11th 2020
Yu Orthodontics has re-opened following the Maryland COVID-19 shutdown and is scheduling both current and new patients for appointments.
Your safety and the safety of our staff members is of utmost importance to us. Our office follows the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association, the Centers for Disease Control, and the Maryland Department of Health.
When you return to the office, we will be doing things a little different than what you were accustomed to in the past.
- Please complete our Covid-19 health-related questionnaire before your appointment. Questionnaire reminders will be sent along with automated appointment reminders via email/text.
- If you feel ill or appear symptomatic, be advised your appointment will be rescheduled at our discretion.
- When you arrive at the office in our parking lot, check in by calling our office (301-948-7660). Once we are ready to see you, we will call you to let you know to enter the office.
- Please wear a mask in our office. If you do not have one, we will provide you with one 🙂
- We recommend that only the patient enter the office to limit the number of people in the office. If your child needs to be accompanied, one parent/guardian may also enter the office.
- Once you enter the office, there will be a hand sanitizing station in the waiting room. Please sanitize your hands. A staff member will then take your temperature with a touchless thermometer.
- Please social distance while in the office and maintain at least 6′ feet of distance between yourself and other patients.
- Please be sure to brush your teeth prior to coming into the office to limit use of the brushing station.
- If you are the parent/guardian and are not in the office, after the appointment we will have your child return to the car and we will schedule the next appointment over the phone. At that time we can review what was done at the appointment and answer any questions.
- We know you will miss seeing our smiling faces! But please be advised our staff will be wearing additional personal protection equipment (gowns, N95 masks, faceshields).
- Please know that we have and will continue to maintain CDC protocols for medical/dental Standard Precaution including: disinfection effective against coronavirus between patients using non-toxic hypochlorous fog and activated hydrogren peroxide surface wipes, plastic barrier between staff and patients, sterilized instruments, and high speed suction to reduce aerosols.
These measures are for your and our staff’s safety. Please keep an eye to this page for additional updates. Again, we thank our patients and their families for their patience during this time. We look forward to seeing you all soon!
-Dr. Robert Yu and the Yu Orthodontics Team